Your family, for better or worse, plays a big role in who you are and how you cope with everyday situations. Families who do not talk with each other openly are more likely to hide their feelings and turn to drugs or alcohol to feel better. A family therapy program is essential to any addiction recovery program to address all issues that contribute to the addiction. Family therapy helps everyone in the family understand the dangers of addiction and how each member can play a valuable role in the recovery process.
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we provide effective and discreet addiction recovery programs for men and women struggling with addiction to heroin, prescription drugs, or other substances. Our certified therapists and medical staff work together to create a customized treatment program that includes family therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and behavioral therapies. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, help is a phone call away. Call 833.448.0127 today to speak with our compassionate staff about our family therapy program.
What Is Family Therapy?
Family therapy during addiction recovery offers mental health support for parents, siblings, and significant others directly affected by a loved one’s addiction. Family therapy can bring families closer together and help everyone understand how devastating addiction can be to the family unit. Family-related issues that can lead to addiction include:
- Parents using drugs or alcohol openly and regularly
- A lack of open communication between parents and siblings
- Emotional or domestic abuse from a parent, sibling, or significant other
- Unhealthy coping skills learned from parents or siblings
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we know the value of including family therapy as part of our outpatient addiction treatment program. We go over all aspects of your addiction recovery and answer any questions, including what a family therapy program is and how it can benefit the recovery process.
Benefits of Family Therapy
A family therapy program has many benefits for parents, siblings, and the person struggling with addiction. Parents and siblings learn how they can be a part of the recovery process and how to create a sober and positive home environment.
Just some of the benefits of family therapy during addiction recovery include:
- Therapy for everyone in the family – Parents, siblings, and spouses can talk about any issues they are struggling with in a private and judgment-free space. They can vent any frustrations or feelings of neglect and learn how to cope with those feelings in a healthy way.
- A better understanding of how addiction affects the entire family – Addiction still carries a huge stigma in our society, forcing many to hide their addiction from family and friends. Families learn how to openly communicate with each other calmly, promoting honesty, healing, and restoring trust.
- Create a sober and supportive home environment – A critical component of outpatient addiction treatment is a stable and sober home where they are not tempted to relapse. Unsupportive home lives will only hinder the recovery process and potentially lead to overdose and death.
Begin taking advantage of some of these benefits and improve the health of your family by calling 833.448.0127.
Find Effective Family Therapy at Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we include family therapy in our addiction treatment programs through our safe and private outpatient treatment facility. We offer a full range of treatment programs and therapies, such as:
- An in-person and online intensive outpatient program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Case management
- Family therapy
- Neurofeedback therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
To learn more about our family therapy program and how it can benefit everyone in the family, call 833.448.0127 or fill out our online form today to schedule a tour of our addiction treatment center.