If you are asking what individual therapy is, you or someone in your life is struggling with addiction, depression, or other disorders and needs help getting over their symptoms. Individual therapy is a form of psychotherapy where patients talk with a trained therapist about any number of issues that are impacting their well-being. When combined with medical support, individual therapy is very effective in easing patients’ symptoms and helping them lead their best lives.
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, our accredited treatment facility provides individual and group therapy along with other treatment options for treating addiction, PTSD, and other mental health illnesses. Our behavioral therapists are up to date on the latest treatment modalities. They will work with you to uncover the root cause of the disorder and develop coping skills for managing your symptoms and triggers. If you are doing an online search for individual therapy near me, click on the link for Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, or call 833.448.0127 today to learn more about our addiction treatment facility.
What Is Individual Therapy?
Individual therapy is a form of psychotherapy that works with individuals on any number of issues they are facing. For depression, addiction, and other mental health disorders, individual therapy is very beneficial in helping patients work through the thoughts and feelings that are causing a problem. They develop a better understanding of their condition and learn new ways to cope with their symptoms and triggers.
An effective treatment program will combine group and individual therapy along with medication-assisted treatment to treat all aspects of their symptoms and improve their ability to lead happy and healthy lives. Just some of the disorders that individual therapy can treat include:
- Trauma-induced disorders
- Substance use disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- Panic disorders
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we will review your treatment program with you and your family, so everyone knows what to expect. During admissions, we will answer any questions you have, such as what individual therapy is and how it can benefit your recovery.
The Benefits of Enrolling in Individual Therapy Near You
There are many benefits of enrolling in a treatment program that uses a wide range of options for addressing the addiction and any underlying causes that are fueling it. Individual therapy allows therapists a chance to build trust and a rapport with each patient and create an atmosphere that encourages honest communication and healing.
Just some of the benefits of enrolling in individual therapy include the following:
- You will work one-on-one with a certified behavioral therapist with experience treating addiction, depression, and any other mental health disorder in a safe and discreet environment. They will help you process any troubling thoughts and feelings that trigger your symptoms and learn how to replace the endless loop of negative thinking with healthier thinking patterns.
- During therapy, medical staff will administer medication to minimize any withdrawal symptoms, cravings, and other symptoms that are interfering with the recovery process. They will monitor you for any adverse reactions and make adjustments to the dosage as you progress and no longer need the medication. Most patients will be 100% drug-free by the end of the program.
- Parents and spouses will participate in individual therapy, so they can learn all about addiction and how devastating it can be to the person and their loved ones. They will talk with a therapist to vent any anger or frustration in a safe space so they can move on and learn how to create a supportive home environment.
Individual therapy is very beneficial in treating addiction, depression, PTSD, and other mental health disorders. Patients will learn healthy coping skills that will benefit them now and in the future and significantly improve their overall well-being.
Choose Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery for Individual Therapy Services
What is individual therapy? At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we will answer all of your questions about your treatment program and what to expect during the process. We combine individual therapy with group therapy and medical treatment for a well-rounded treatment experience. The types of therapy we offer include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- EMDR therapy
- Family therapy
- Neurofeedback therapy
If you or a loved one is struggling with depression, substance abuse, or other disorders, call 833.448.0127 or send us an online message to discover all of the benefits of our mental health treatment center.