Addiction is a difficult disease to treat since it comes with so many symptoms and varying levels of severity. While some patients with a severe addiction will require a full-time residential treatment program, others do not need dedicated round-the-clock care. Outpatient alcohol detox in Thornton is available for patients whose withdrawal symptoms are not severe enough to warrant 24/7 care. An outpatient detox center provides men and women with the care they need while living at home or in a sober living environment.
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we specialize in outpatient care for men and women struggling with addiction or other mental health concerns. We combine medication-assisted treatment along with group and individual therapy for a well-rounded treatment program that promotes lifelong recovery. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and are ready to make a positive change, call 833.448.0127 today to learn about our outpatient alcohol detox program in Thornton, Colorado.
What to Expect from Alcohol Detox in Thornton
When you continuously drink alcohol, you are not giving your body a chance to cleanse itself from the toxins you ingest. This causes the natural production of dopamine and other neurotransmitters to stop as it now relies solely on alcohol to release more. Your body will not start producing dopamine on its own for several days from your last drink. During that time, you can expect painful withdrawal symptoms that can lead to relapse or other serious health concerns.
Each person’s experience with alcohol withdrawal will vary depending on how long they have struggled with addiction and any co-occurring mental health issues. On average, here is what you can expect from your alcohol detox experience:
- Stage 1 – Six to 12 hours from your last drink, you will begin experiencing mild to moderate symptoms. Symptoms can include nausea and vomiting, hypertension, whole-body tremors, and insomnia.
- Stage 2 – Patients will begin experiencing moderate withdrawal symptoms 12-24 hours from their last drink. For some patients, it can take up to three days for this stage to begin, depending on the severity of the addiction. Symptoms include high blood pressure, fever, confusion, and irregular heartbeat.
- Stage 3 – 48-72 hours into detoxification is when more severe withdrawal symptoms begin and when patients are at the most risk of harm. 3–5% of patients can experience delirium tremens, a severe condition of alcohol withdrawal that includes shaking, confusion, and hallucinations.
More serious cases of addiction may take longer than the average withdrawal timeline. At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we understand that no two addiction cases are the same. We will perform a complete evaluation to determine the right outpatient detox program for your unique condition.
Benefits of an Outpatient Detox Program
Outpatient alcohol detox in Thornton has many benefits for patients seeking help with their addiction recovery. It allows patients to get through their withdrawal symptoms in a safe and private facility where they work on getting a better understanding of their addiction and what led to it. Other benefits of an outpatient detox program include:
- Addiction treatment that fits around your schedule work or personal schedule
- Support from family and friends during therapy
- Treatment programs tailored to meet your needs
- Time to practice coping and communication skills during group therapy
- A more affordable treatment option
Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery Offers Safe and Compassionate Outpatient Alcohol Detox in Thornton
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we provide alcohol detox in Thornton and surrounding areas. Our mix of therapy programs and medication-assisted treatment gives patients a real opportunity to reach their sober goals and lead healthy and productive lives. We also provide telehealth services for patients to continue their care via remote services.
Call 833.448.0127 today to speak with our compassionate staff about enrolling in our outpatient alcohol detox in Thornton, Colorado, for more information about our outpatient detox program.