A men’s rehab center offers a gender-neutral environment where men can focus on the issues that are disrupting their lives. In a co-ed recovery environment, the presence of the opposite sex can often prevent true healing. Men and women can have difficulty being themselves around each other, which can interfere with being honest about their feelings. Additionally, a co-ed group doesn’t take into account the unique challenges that men can face in recovery.
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we help men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction, depression, or other mental health disorders. We offer separate men’s rehab programs led by a male behavioral therapist who takes the time to get to know you and the problems you are facing. If you are interested in learning more about our men’s rehab center, call 833.448.0127 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Why Do You Need a Men’s Rehab Program?
Men are under pressure to live up to certain expectations in the eyes of society. Trying to live up to those expectations can cause a lot of stress and anxiety and lead to substance abuse, depression, and other mental health disorders. In addition, men who struggle with relationship issues, gender confusion, or get anxiety when talking to women will often turn to drugs and alcohol instead of talking about their feelings.
A men’s rehab program offers a space where men can focus on the issues that are important to them, such as:
- Maintaining a certain status among co-workers, friends, and their spouse
- Understanding changing gender roles and respecting different cultures and opinions
- Discuss financial and personal goals and aspirations
- Talk about any lack of self-esteem or confidence without worrying about appearing weak in front of women
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we give men the support they need through our outpatient men’s rehab program. We understand how difficult life can be at times and offer men a safe space to talk about their feelings without the distraction of a coed environment.
Five of the Biggest Benefits of a Men’s Rehab Center
The benefits of a men’s rehab center go far beyond treating their addiction. It gives men a positive new outlook on life and can greatly improve their relationship and socializing skills.
Here are five additional benefits of enrolling in a men’s rehab center:
- Peer support from other men – One major benefit of men’s rehab is the relationships men form with their peers. These relationships are built on mutual respect and trust and help you in the future.
- A gender-neutral environment – Men can talk about the issues that are important to them and receive peer feedback from men experiencing the same issues. This can go a long way toward teaching men that it is OK to talk about their feelings.
- A more comfortable therapy experience – Men will naturally feel more comfortable opening up to other men. It creates an environment that allows for open communication, growth, and freedom to express themselves without fear of judgment.
- Breaking societal norms – A men’s rehab program teaches men that they do not have to live up to society’s expectations of them but to live up to their own expectations and not let others’ opinions discourage them.
- Communication skills – Men’s rehab gives them a chance to improve their communication skills in a controlled environment.
Join Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery for Our Men’s Rehab Program
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, our men’s rehab center helps men from all walks of life struggling with substance abuse or depression due to societal or relationship pressure. We offer in-person and telehealth outpatient treatment for men in an environment that helps them open up about their feelings and learn that it is better to talk about them. If you would like to enroll in our men’s rehab program, call 833.448.0127 today to speak with our friendly staff about making a positive change in your life.