Modern science has provided effective ways to treat a variety of mental health concerns that affect millions of children, teens, and adults every year. Neurofeedback therapy is a relatively new form of therapy that promotes neuroplasticity to create new brain patterns. The benefits of neurofeedback therapy are evident in the patients who were able to replace their negative thinking with new, healthy brain patterns that promote a healthy state of mind. A neurofeedback therapy program offers a non-invasive, holistic treatment program for patients struggling with depression, past traumas, or other anxiety disorders.
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, our certified therapists have experience with neurofeedback therapy and other types of behavioral therapies. We offer a full range of beneficial therapies through our private outpatient treatment facility in Colorado. We base our treatment programs on each patient’s unique symptoms to form a tailored treatment plan that addresses their needs and recovery goals. Fill out our online form or call 833.448.0127 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff about the benefits of neurofeedback therapy.
What Is Neurofeedback Therapy?
Neurofeedback therapy is a new form of cognitive therapy that directly affects the brain wave patterns of patients. It is a holistic form of therapy that is non-invasive and does not require medication. Sensors are placed on the patient’s head, and a monitor will show the different brainwave patterns in real-time. Therapists and patients can see their brainwave activity and how it changes while watching a movie, playing a video game, or other mentally engaging activities.
Some of the mental health concerns that neurofeedback therapy can benefit include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
What is neurofeedback therapy? At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, our patients see how their positive thoughts affect their existing brain patterns and receive a reward when they make a positive change. Neurofeedback therapy benefits are very helpful for patients to realize the power they have within them to change.
Five Benefits of Neurofeedback Therapy
Neurofeedback therapy benefits include promoting a healthier state of mind with fewer negative thoughts and behaviors that can interfere with a patient’s recovery. It uses positive rewards whenever a patient has a healthy response that replaces any negative thoughts or brain patterns. Over time, the healthy brain patterns will overwrite the negative ones.
Here are five benefits of neurofeedback therapy:
- Understanding how neurofeedback works – Therapists will go over the neurofeedback process and explain how each brainwave pattern can change depending on their mood.
- Real-time feedback – Patients will see their brain waves on a monitor and see them change in real-time. This can help see how their negativity affects their brain and how they can change those patterns.
- A holistic therapy experience – Neurofeedback does not require any medication to participate in the program. It uses patients own thinking to replace their negative thoughts and behaviors.
- Discovering their internal strength – Having a visual reference to how your thoughts affect your brain waves can be very beneficial in helping patients realize the strength they have to make lifelong changes.
- Building healthy life-long habits – Neurofeedback therapy creates fundamental changes in the way patients view themselves and the world around them. They will find that it becomes easier to learn new habits as they replace their negative thoughts.
Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery Offers Effective Neurofeedback Therapy
At Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery, we help men and women struggling with addiction or other mental health conditions at our discreet outpatient treatment facility. We use neurofeedback therapy along with behavioral therapies and medication-assisted treatment for a well-rounded recovery experience.
Men and women in Colorado do not have to struggle with their mental health alone. Call 833.448.0127 today for more information about our outpatient treatment programs and how they can improve your mental health symptoms.